There are fly fishing gear needs and wants when you fly fish. The fun part is collecting them, and showing others how to use them.
Tall fishing tales are entertaining, and you can of course, credit how you masterfully picked out the gear that landed you such a big catch too, even though you had to return it. That’s where a good camera comes in handy to document your good time, and the fly fishing gear that you own.
Here is a handy list of the basic gear that you will beg someone for your birthday, or any holiday for that matter.
Also, look over some of the cost associated with your gear, and a few online sources to buy them.
- Fly Rod - $150.00 to $250.00 (For Advanced Piece Rod)
- Fly Wheel - $15.00 to $25.00
- Fly Line - $30.00 to $50.00
- Fly Backing Line - $12.00 to $14.00 (Approximate Based On Per 100 Yards)
- Fly Leaders - $7.00 to $10.00 (Or You Can Make Your Own)
- Fly Nylon Spools –Varies On Quality And Color
- Fly Box - $10.00 to $25.00
- Fly Nippers - $10.00 to $25.00
- Full Waders - $150.00 to $350.00
- Fly Pliers - $7.95 to $150.00
- Fly Vest - Varies Depending On Brand
- Fly Reel - $120.00 to $150.00
- Fly Net - $44.00 to $120.00
- Fly Hooks - $3.00 to $10.00
- Fly Reel - $120.00 to $180.00
As you can guess these are approximate cost values, and you’ll need to check around and shop for your budget.
Hopefully, this will give you a place to start when looking for prices, or even when you want to ask for a fly fishing gear gift.
Companies on the internet often have retail stores where you can buy your entire fly fishing gear needs and wants. Popular brands such as Ovis, AA Outfitters and Bass Pro Shops will be able to guide you about the basics and advanced mechanics of any of the fly fishing gear you’re seeking. Fly fishing is fun and your fly fishing gear should be a joy to collect. In days to come you’re sure to find a few favorite boxes and wheels. Who knows you might just hand them down from generation to generation, and tell big tales about your gear.